September Glossy Box





So here it is, my first Glossy Box! I've been a little bit slow on the uptake with Glossy Box as I wanted to see how it went before I commited to a monthly subscription. But as you'll see from what I've got in this box, there's actually some nice products including two full sized ones and to me, this box is worth the £12.95.







Lets start with the HD Brows Eye & Brow Palette. This is the first full sized product in the box. I've only ever used cheap pencils and most recently the ELF Studio brow palette, so I'm fairly interested to give this products a go. They can also be used as eyeshadows or liners so even if they don't work for me as a brow product, I've always got the option of using them that way. They state that they last for 24 hours but we'll just have to see about that!

The RRP for this palette is £19.95 so I've already made my money back just on this one. But I can't see where you would buy it from? Does anyone know???








Now on to the L'oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil. I was really pleased to see this one in the box as I'd been beauty lusting over it since I'd seen it on HollyYMBB's Youtube channel. In my video I said I thought it was about £13.00 but the RRP is actually £11.95. I gave it a little try last night after filming and it actually felt really nice. I was a little weary about putting oil in my hair but it's given the ends a nice feeling just from one application.

My poor hair has been having rather a struggle since I've been on a certain medication (chemo injections for Crohn's Disease) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this might be something to help. Now all I need is something to boost the roots!

The only thing that annoys me is that there is no code to receive a discount if you decide to buy it, and this is the one I am most likely to, but then again you do get a full size so it's swings and roundabouts I guess.










I wasn't entirely sure how to say this but it's Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse... Make of that what you will! It's a little glass bottle with a multi purpose oil that can be used on the face, body or hair. they say it's made from 98% natural ingredients and contains no preservatives or silicone.

I looked on feelunique.com and you can get a 50ml bottle of this for £16.50. The sample size is 10ml so it makes it worth about £3.30. I'm fairly interested to try it, but I'm not sure about putting oil on my face as I've had problem skin since my pregnancy.










This is a little perfume sample in Plum by Mary Greenwell. When I say little I mean very tiny, it's only 1.5ml. The smell is ok I guess but I suppose this is my least favourite in the box. The full size of this is £90.00 so if I'm correct this little sample size is worth about £1.35. It's a nice smell but I don't think it's quite me and I couldn't see myself paying out £90 for it. But it is nice to try something you wouldn't have tried otherwise.








This is the StriVectin SD Eye Concentrate. I was clearly wrong when I said that the normal size of eye creams was about 15ml, because the full size of this product is a whopping 30ml! In my defence, the last two I've had have been 15ml... But anyways, this is essentially an eye cream but it gives you all sorts of promises such as getting rid of your wrinkles and bags. To be honest when a product says it offers you the world, it rarely does. But if they were honest and just said 'this eye cream is lovely and moisturising and makes your skin feel nice' I'd probably be just as happy! But I suppose they have to warrant charging you £49.00 for 30ml of product.

You get 7ml in this little tube so that works out at about £12.25 worth of the product. They say you should use this twice a day to see the benefits in a two week time scale which is the amount of cream they've given you.

I'm interested to give it a go as my under eye area is giving me trouble with dark circles at the moment so this could be interesting. Will I be eating my words in two weeks time? We'll see!


So all in all I'm pleased with my first box. I think I've done fairly well considering I only paid £12.95 and the contents are worth £48.80. Although I can see how some people were a little annoyed that they only got some sachets of shampoo when others got the Mythic Oil.

I've also signed up to the Boudoir Prive box and am tempted to sign up for the Feel Unique one too. Has anyone received their other boxes yet? How do they compare to the Glossy Box?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards