For Audrey...

China Glaze For Audrey 2 coats, Sally Hansen Base Coat, no top coat with flash.




If you read my haul last week you will have seen that I had a mystery Tiffany style blue sent to me instead of the other China Glaze polish I ordered. One of my followers told me that it looks very much like 'For Audrey'. I've had a look at some swatches online and I think she is right. This is such a strange thing to happen as around the same time, that's when we found out that my Nan's condition had worsened. So why is it a coincidence? Her name is Audrey! As I told you a couple of days ago my Nan has been poorly for some time and a couple of weeks ago we found out she has cancer in both her lungs. Well, a few days ago we were also told that it has spread to her brain, and it was a terrible blow.

Cancer is such a terrible disease and I really feel for anyone who is either going through it themselves, or has a family member suffering. It's such a vicious horrible thing and I don't think there can be anything worse. I know that some people do fight it and can beat it very well, but unfortunately my poor Nanny Audrey isn't one of them.



No flash


Anyways, let's talk about the Polish as that's what this post is about. China Glaze For Audrey is a gorgeous cream Tiffany blue, hence the name! In case any of you haven't seen the film, it's named after Audrey Hepburn as she was in a film called Breakfast At Tiffany's. She's coming off a little more green in my pictures, it's actually a little paler and more blue in real life.

The formula is a tad on the thick side, but I didn't have any problems with application. It's very pigmented and it went pretty much opaque on the first coat, but I gave it two coats because I always feel the need to! Drying time was good and even though my application wasn't spot on, it's fairly forgiving and evened itself out.

Honestly, I really didn't think I was going to like this on me as blues tend to not look great on me. But as I sit and look at it I'm really coming round, and I don't think it looks too terrible with my skin tone, do you?

I'd like to thank everyone for their nice comments and messages about my Nan both on my blog and Twitter, they really did make me smile. Take care all, byeeeeeeeeee x :-)

Comments

  1. Pretty shade.....love it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your nan. I know how hard it is! :(
    but this polish is a gorgeous colour and so nicely linked to your nan :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She's being very brave, we're all very proud of her x :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your nan, it's a terrible situation for her...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this colour is such a pretty shade. My one is so old that I always have to shake the bottle to mix the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a pretty colour & I'm glad I got it by mistake now x :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards