My First Experience Of Stamping...




I was really eager to get stamping away when my new plates arrived so I waited until my little girl Gracie was in bed and got all my nail things out. I have to say that I did think I was going to get it straight away and I got very frustrated that it wasn't coming out perfect straight away until some other people told me that you just need to practice a few times. I wasn't sure whether I should post the pics as it was a massive fail, but actually it's good for other newbie stampers such as myself to see what my experience has been like.

So to start off with I had a little lap tray with all the equipment I needed and covered it with some kitchen roll as I'd heard this can get quite messy. Then I picked out a stamping plate, the one I chose was BM210. Next was to decide which polish I wanted to stamp with, well that wasn't too much of a choice as I wanted to use one of my new Konad Special Polishes and I only had them in black or white, so I chose white.




So the first step is to paint your nails as normal with a base and top coat. I used my usual Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Base and Top Coat for the base, then two coats of Orly Elsbeth's Rose, then the same Sally Hansen as the top coat aswell. I let that dry for about twenty minutes, and then I was ready to stamp.

I knew that I had to work quickly with everything and that all of the tools needed to be cleaned with nail polish remover after each stamping, so I soaked a cotton pad with  nail polish remover - at the moment I'm using Boots Conditioning Nail Polish Remover.





I painted the polish on to the plate, scraped, and then rolled the stamper over. Next was to transfer the image on to the nail, this is a little more difficult than I thought as it takes a bit of getting used to, to line it all up properly. But I think by the last two nails on my right hand, I'd got a little better at it (still not brilliant).

This Special Konad polish seems to dry very quickly, so you need to do each step as quick as you can, or the image wont transfer properly. It's also allot easier to roll the stamp from one side the other rather than just using a stamping motion - I'd learned this from watching several video's on Youtube.





All in all the process seems fairly simple, but I think perfecting it is going to take some practice. But I would highly recommend getting some stamping plates if you don't have any yet, as they are an excellent simple way of doing nail art, without actually having to be artistic. You are also going to be saving yourself allot of money, as nail art from a salon be pretty pricey.

I know my first attempt isn't exactly perfect, and I've not lined it up properly and some of the image hasn't transferred properly, but this post is not about showing you my magnificent stamping skills, it's about showing my first experience in stamping, so please don't leave me any mean comments. I'll keep you informed of how I'm getting on and no doubt I'll be posting nail of the days with stamping in them.

So for now that's all from me, take care all. Byeeeeeeeeeeee x :-)



Comments

  1. where did you get your stamping plates from?


    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from amazon and they were £16.99 for 25 plates x :-)

      Delete
  2. they look really good!
    I just got my first set of decals so I'm excited to get into nail art :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Ooh I hope you do a post when you use them x :-)

      Delete
  3. I think it looks great! I'd love to see pics or vid of the stamping to see how you do it!

    Hayley
    http://makeupmoviesandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks allot. I've packed my video camera away as I haven't done any YouTube vids for a while and I'm moving soon, but there are lots of vis on YouTube of other people stamping. Once I'm moved I'll film some for you though. I think it would be kind of hard to capture it with pics x :-)

      Delete
    2. Cool! :) I'll have to have a nosy on youtube tomorrow - I'll be totally honest, I hadn't even heard of stamping until you mentioned it!

      I bite my nails so I have nothing to work with sadly :/

      xx

      Delete
  4. That looks gorgeous! Good job on your first try.
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great as your first try - I think most that have tried stamping were ready to put it in the rubbish bin at some point LOL Stamping on paper is a great way to practice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did an amazing job for a first attempt! I can only paint my nails, details are hard for me to integrate. Fist time visiting from the blog hop, would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. Yes I'll head over to your blog now x :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's pretty impressive for a first attempt! I've been painting my nails since I was 10 and still after more than 10 years I still get nail polish on my skin LOL! These look fab!

    Have a wonderful day!
    SDMxx
    http://daringcoco.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't have a very steady hand as I've got arthritis, so I always do a little clean up with some remover. Plus stamping is quite messy so you really have do clean up even if your colour underneath was perfect & you didn't paint the skin x :-)

      Delete
  9. I love the way you did this! It looks super fun and girly.


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I had long enough nails to do this! Great job... I could never do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you need long nails for stamping, this pattern wold work for shorter nails I think. Thank you and yes you can! I have arthritis in my fingers and I can do it. Give it a try x :-)

      Delete
  11. hi love lovely nail art you have done, ive been meaning to get a nail stamping set, hopefully i will soon. ive followed :)

    http://antique-purple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you really should get some stamping plates, you can get a really good deal on these bundle monster ones x :-)

      Delete
  12. I hope no one leaves you mean comments as these are really really great for your first try! Well done ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Your stamping is AMAZING! X :-)

      Delete
  13. Fail? I don't think so! You did a great job for your first try. I'd probably be too slow and let it dry up before I transferred it hehe

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

Blog Awards