Blog Awards

I have to apologise as I've been meaning to do this post for a while now. Recently I have been nominated for several Blog Awards by some fantastic bloggers and I thought I'd share them with you now.



Up first is The Versatile Blogger Award,  I was nominated by Make Up Movies & More and Hairspray and High Heels. What an honour to be nominated for this award, and I'm sending a massive thank you and virtual hug to you both!

Rules


1. Nominate 15 bloggers who are relatively new to blogging.
2. Let them know that you have nominated them.
3. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
4. Thank the bloggers that have nominated you.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.

Random Facts About Me. 

1. My favourite food is Sushi.

2. I have an irrational fear of clowns.

3. I am allergic to cream but I can still drink skimmed milk, weird huh? 

4. I am the baby in my family, having a sister who is 11 years older, and a brother who is 8 years older.

5. When I was four years old I was playing in the garden and disturbed a wasps nest. That's when we found out I was allergic and I nearly died! I don't really have much memory of the event, but apparently my Mum said it was one of the scariest days of her life. 

6. I have never been to America, but would love to travel there one day. 

7. When I was 8 years old, I sang at the Marlowe Theatre in the cathedral city of Canterbury.

My Nominations Are 



I was awarded this by the lovely Hayley from Make Up Movies & More, it was such an honour to receive this so a big thank you again. Her blog really is great so if you haven't seen it yet, you should go take a look now. 

For this award, there are 8 nominations

My nominations are;





Rules: 

1. Thank the person that nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Tell us how the idea of  making a blog popped up and what makes you continue it?
3. Describe a usual day in your life.
4. The best collaboration with a blogger.
5. The worst collaboration with a blogger.
6. Describe what having a blog means to you.
7. Nominate 5 other bloggers. 

A huge thank you goes out to Laura from Lauras All Made Up Beauty and also Romany from Chasing Pavements for nominating me for this award! I am fairly new to Laura's blog, but so far I am really enjoying it. Do go and check her out. 

2. Back in the summer of 2009 I googled Lady Gaga make-up as one of my friends had asked me to make her up for a fancy dress party. In doing this, I found some Youtube video's and then my obsession with the beauty vlogging/blogging community began! It even fuelled me to do a make-up artist course at college, but I had to leave early due to health problems. It was then a year later when I plucked up the courage to start my own blog and Charlie D Beauty was born.

3. A usual day in my life? Well I don't work so my days are pretty random to be honest, one day I can be just doing housework and looking after my daughter and the next I'm out and about meeting up with friends, or taking my Grandparents to various different places. 

4&5. I have never collaborated with another blogger, but I have some plans in the pipeline to do one in the near future, so keep an eye out for that. 

6. My blog really is my only hobby at the moment as I had to give up horse riding a couple of years ago.  I love to connect with other beauty lovers and share information about great products. As you know I am really becoming nail polish obsessed recently so I've been loving learning new techniques such as stamping.

When I sit down with my laptop to blog, it gives me an outlet to share my passion for all things beauty and I just love it. I know I have been pretty slack with blogging until the last couple of months, but since I've been back I am really enjoying it and right now I can't imagine why I wouldn't keep it up. 

7. My nominations are;

Hairspray and High Heels













I received the two awards above from Cute Nails and Indian Beauty Forever. Thank you so much ladies! From their posts on the awards I couldn't see that there were any rules so I will just pass them on to 5 bloggers. 


My Nominations Are;


Make Up Movies & More




Here we are at the last award, and it's an absolute honour to receive it. I was nominated by two lovely bloggers, Make Up Movies & More and Indian Beauty Forever, thank you again to both of you. Sorry to keep repeating myself, but I wanted to thank everybody for each award they have nominated me for! 




1. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.

Hayleys Questions (Niesha didn't ask any in her post) 

1. What are your top make up tips?
2. What is your favourite colour?
3. What are your top 3 must have beauty products?
4. What is your favourite movie?
5. Who is your fashion icon?
6. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
7. What is the colour scheme in your bedroom?
8. What beauty chore do you least enjoy?
9. Who do you think is the biggest Fashion Offender in the public eye today?
10. What would be your dream holiday/vacation?
11. What made you decide to start blogging?


1. That's a tough one to answer because I have so many! I would say my top tip would be to always use eyelash curlers as this can make a massive difference to how your whole look is pulled together. 

Another really important thing as far as lipstick is concerned is to prepare your lips properly. I see so many people with horrible dry lips and their lipstick looks awful! You should exfoliate them at least once a day, it doesn't have to be a fancy one, you can even use your toothbrush (gently) after you have brushed your teeth. Before you start with the rest of your make-up routine apply a generous layer of your favourite lip balm so it is soaking in, then blot the excess off before applying your lipstick. 

2. I think anyone who reads my blog can probably guess this, and it is of course pink. 

3. Again, this is so hard because I absolutely have so many! If I HAVE to pick just three I would say Mac's Matchmaster foundation as it's the best one I've ever used, Benefit BadGal mascara for making my lashes look so long and full and Mac's Creme Cup lipstick for being such a gorgeous pink. 

4. Oooh Hayley you are making this so hard for me! How can I possibly pick just one film? I have to be in the right mood for certain films, but I would say Dirty Dancing. I know, I know it's every girls favourite but it's so fab. 

5. For fashion icon I would have to say hands down it would be Kate Middleton. She is always so smart and classy, and I always love what she is wearing. 

6. My first wish would definitely to be rid of my Crohn's disease, I have been ill for five years with this terrible disease! 

My second wish would be for my beautiful daughter Gracie to live a full happy, healthy life. 

For my last wish I'm going to be all silly and girly and wish to meet Donnie Wahlberg! As I've said before, I'm a huge fan and it would be amazing to meet him. 

7. I'm actually staying with my parents at the moment, but I had duck egg blue before I moved out. 

8. I would have to say plucking my eyebrows is probably my least favourite beauty chore. I can't imagine that anybody really enjoys it. 

9. I'm going to go for the obvious and say Lady Gaga. I actually love the fact her clothes are really wild, but some of them just look hideous, yes I'm thinking of the meat dress! 

10. My favourite holiday has been the cruise I went on, so I would have to say another cruise. South America has always appealed to me, especially Brazil so maybe a week there to soak up the atmosphere, then cruising for a couple of weeks around the other popular ports. 

11. I've already answered this in a previous question. 


Well, my goodness that was a long post! I can't thank everybody enough for thinking of me and my little blog for these awards. When I first started blogging I didn't think anyone would even be interested in reading it, but now I have some lovely readers who I love connecting with on a daily basis. 

I can't actually comment using my laptop at the moment (for at least two weeks now) so it is difficult to keep up with my reading list. Unfortunately I cannot see my reading list on my smart phone as my blogger app wont work properly and the full website doesn't translate well.          

Thanks so much if you managed to stick with me through this post, I know it was a bit of an essay! I'll say goodbye for now, I hope you are well. Take care all, byeeeeeee x :-)



















Comments

  1. Oh wow! Thank you so much for nominating me for not just one, but two lovely awards! I really appreciate it! :)

    You have received so many awards Charlie, but you definitely deserve each and every one of them. Loving your blog so far!!

    Laura xx
    www.laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome hun, I've been really enjoying your blog!

      Thanks so much hun, what a lovely thing to say x :-)

      Delete
  2. You're SO sweet thank you Charlie! I really appreciate your nomination and feel you without a doubt deserve all the accolades you receive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome hun & thank you very much x :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks hun, & you are nominated for 2 here so congrats to you too! X :-)

      Delete
  4. Aww it was lovely to read more about you! :)
    Congrats on all your awards! And thank you so much for nominating me too! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I like learning more about people on these posts too.

      You are so welcome! You know I love your blog and read it every day x :-)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for thinking of me! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome hun, you have a fantastic blog x :-)

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for nominating me, and congratulations on your awards!! You definitely deserve them! :'D
    Thank you also so incredibly much for your kind comments you always leave on my blog. You are so wonderful and I really appreciate that! :D *hugs!!*

    (P.s. Aren't clowns freaky!!! Ugh I HATE clowns!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. You are very welcome, you know I love your blog, your nail art is absolutely amazing and you are so lovely too, hugs back x

      Yes clowns are horrible! x :-)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on all those fabulous awards! You can also add me to that list of people who dislike clowns - I just don;t get how kids enjoy them???

    Have a lovely day!
    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com
    ________________________________________

    Amazing Cathleen Jia giveaway on Daring Coco!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun. Yes clowns are pure evil. There's actually allot of people who hate them lol c :-)

      Delete
  8. Aw thank you so much for both my awards! :)
    You deserve each and every one of your awards, you have such a lovely blog :) I love seeing your latest nail color or design although it makes me very jealous of your long nails when mine are prone to breaking so much, haha.
    X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome hun, & thank you for being so lovely!

      Its funny you should say about my nails being long, as I got a big chip in the side of one today & had to file them all down a bit, boooo! x :-)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the blog award, I appreciate it a lot! Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the blog award. I also love sushi :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the blog award!!! :) I'm sorry to hear that you have Crohns! I have a IRL friend who suffers from the disease and I know at times it can really take the wind out of your sails. Here's to better days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome hun, You have a fab blog.

      Yes Crohns is horrible, I try to carry on & live life as normal as possible. Sometimes its not possible & I'm knocked on my a** for a while, but but my family are fab x :-)

      Delete
  12. Great read! Thanks for the tag, I was already awarded it so I edited you into the original post :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome hun, I think you know by now that I love your blog x :-)

      Delete
  13. Thanks so much for nominating me <3

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for nominating me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks a lot dear for nominating me two times..:) I am happy..
    and yes sorry for late reply.. I was really busy with my practicals at college..:) take care love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...