Metallic Star Flowers


SC Starfish, 2 Coats With Flash. 

I know I said I was going to show you the stamping tomorrow, but as I had it ready I thought I would let you see it a little early.

I had a pretty horrible experience yesterday, I was quite innocently walking to the shops with my little girl in her buggy and a car reversed up the curb and hit us. Basically, the man driving the offending vehicle couldn't get out of his parking space, and didn't look as he reversed straight in to us! But to make matters worse when I screamed and was upset he'd hit us, he started shouting at me saying I should have realised he was blocked in and that he would have to mount the pavement and waited for him to do so. Hmmmm. 

For my base colour I decided to go with Star Fish from Sinful Colors. She is a beautiful soft dusky pink with a slight lilac undertone and a crelly texture. I was actually kind of surprised by this as she looked rather more creamy in the bottle but I'm really pleased as she's given me something unique to my collection. 

No Flash, artificial light. 

So far Sinful Colors has been good for me formula wise and Star Fish is no exception. It took me two coats to get this lovely squishy, opaque finish and I didn't have long to wait between coats either. 

So, on to the stamping! As I'd already swatched Sally Hansen's Metallic Momentum (click to see here) I knew she would be excellent for stamping and decided to use her with my Bundle Monster BM201. 

With Flash.

Now, the only problem with Metallic Momentum is that she doesn't photograph well when stamped. In person this design looked so lovely, but none of my pictures seemed to capture the beauty. I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly a great photographer, but I really struggled with this mani. 

I'm currently waiting on my new 2012 Bundle Monster plates to arrive and I'm REALLY excited to receive them! I know some others have already got theirs and I'm sooooo jealous. As soon as I get them  through I''ll be sure to do a haul post for you. 

No flash, natural light. 

So there you go, I hope you enjoyed my latest stamping mani. Take care all, byeeeeeeeee x :-)



Comments

  1. A great combo for stamping, really sweet and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, I thought you might like the flowers x :-)

      Delete
  2. Goodness, I hope you and your little girl are alright! This is a gorgeous shade, it reminds me a bit of Essie's Eternal Optimist (but I think Essie is darker).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, yes we are both ok. I think it shook me up more than anything. I'vebeen left with some bruises but Gracie wasn't hurt thank God.

      I love Essie's pinks, & most of their formulas are good too x :-)

      Delete
  3. lovely shade and i love the combi.of stamping.....:) enter my giveaway...http://cutenailstudio.blogspot.in/2012/07/my-30th-bday-giveawayand-my-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOooh very pretty! I love it! :)

    OMG Charlie, are you and Gracie ok? :/ Thats awful!! How is a pedestrian supposed to just KNOW that a driver is blocked on and will "Have" to mount the curb?! What an idiot!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, yes I was very pleased with this mani, I just wish my pictures would have shown it better.

      We are ok thanks hun, I've got some bruises but thank goodness Gracie was in her buggy and I kind of pushed her out of the way as he hit us so it didn't impact her much.

      It really shook me up though & I was so angry with that idiot man! Honestly, you would think he would have been apologetic, but he didn't even get out of his car to see uf we were ok, just shouted abuisively & then drove off. And they say women are bad drivers?! Lol x :-)

      Delete
    2. Omg that is just awful!! How old was he roughly?
      I know you wouldnt have had time to think about it when it happened, but I wish you'd got his reg number so you could report him! That is SO bad, especially with a baby involved and he didnt even apologise or get out of the sodding car!
      Did he actually knock you down?

      xxx

      Delete
    3. I would say he was 60ish, but the most selfish rude man in the world & so dangerous too!

      My Mum said exactly the same thing about taking his plate down, but I just didn't think of it! It seemed to happen so quickly & I wish I had of done, in fact I'm a bit annoyed with myself for not thinking of it.

      Yes it was awful, I was knocked sideways into the stand outside the shop but id managed to sort of push the buggy away & stopped her from being tipped up. I was so scared for Gracie & she got really user with all the shouting. I'll write you an e-mail about a few other things explaining when I have the chance x :-)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful shade and I love the stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this soooo much! Why must you be in the UK and not Melbourne so you can do my nails!!!!!! FML!!!!!

    Have a lovely day!
    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com
    ________________________________________

    Check out the highly coveted vintage headpiece giveaway by Cathleen Jia on Daring Coco!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun! If I could come all the way over I would definitely do your nails for you lol x :-)

      Delete
  7. I love it because it is simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a horrible experience with the car. Glad your are all ok. Very pretty stamping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was horrible, thanks very much hun. Men say women are bad drivers, but they are! lol x :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards