Have I Seen You Somewhere Before?


With flash.

Now, you may have realised, but I'm really getting in to my blue and purple nail polishes recently. It's really strange, as up until recently I only had a handful, can you believe it? It's funny, I feel like I'm growing as a 'polishista'. Hmmmm, is that even a word? But hopefully you'll get what I mean.

You may have seen I got this little lady in a recent haul and I have to say, the bottle is teeny tiny! I am of course talking about Essie Smooth Sailing. As soon as I saw her I was really excited as the colour appeared in the bottle to be very similar to one of my favourite polishes, OPI I Don't Give A Rotterdam. 

Smooth Sailing is a gorgeous periwinkle blue with silver shimmer that sometimes flashes a little pink in the bottle, but on the nail I can only see silver. 


Without flash, artificial light. 

Compared to the OPI she is slightly deeper blue and less dusty. The shimmer is only silver, whereas the IDGAR's (click here to see swatches) shimmer changes from gold, then to silver and back again. But apart from that, they both give that nice denim look which I love, the Essie just looks like a less worn pair of jeans. 

The formula is great as I've come to expect from Essie. She applies smoothly, easily and gives a beautiful opaque finish in just two coats. Drying time is also very good and you get a nice shiny finish as you can see from my pictures. 

I also couldn't resist giving her a good stamp, but I'll save that for the next post. What do you think? Do you have this or the OPI? Which do you prefer? I think my heart still belongs to I Don't Give A Rotterdam because I think she is more interesting with that colour changing shimmer. 

That's all from me for now, I hope you are well. Take care all, byeeeeeee x :-)





Comments

  1. If you have looks in my stash you have seen it before LOL - It's such a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, she is so beautiful and a very Maria type colour too x :-)

      Delete
  2. ooh what a peaceful colour! It's gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes that's actually a really good way to describe her x :-)

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely! I almost ordered this one online myself...think I might have to now!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike hun! I think you should definitely go back & grab it x :-)

      Delete
  4. OPI I Don't Give A Rotterdam is on my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards