Should Have Stuck To Stamping!


With flash

As you all know, I've been really getting in to nail art at the moment and I've been seeing some absolutely stunning freehand mani's on my fellow polish loving bloggers posts. It's taken a while for me to build up the courage to give it a go, and I finally took the plunge and picked up my nail art brush. 

So to start with I applied Hedy's Cherry Bomb. This polish was just so, so to be honest, not terrible but not brilliant. She is a deep bergundy tinted red with shimmer. I don't think the colour particularly suits me, but I think I'd choose this colour for wearing more around Christmas time. 

Formula wise, she didn't thrill me. She was more opaque than I thought by looking at the bottle, but has such a weird texture that is not at all forgiving. Drying time was reeeeaaaaalllllllyyyyyy slow and I kept smudging the same three fingers over and over again, which meant I didn't start my design until really late at night, boooo!

Without Flash

I thought I would start with a simple design using acrylic paint from my recent nail art haul. First of all, using the gold paint I drew thick diagonal stripes with a short brush as I struggled to control the 'striper' brush. As you can see, they didn't go exactly smoothly, you wouldn't think it would be so hard to draw a straight line. But in fact, it was even harder to do when I had to use my left hand! Before anyone mentions it, yes I know the index finger is at a different angle, but I think it gives it character... 

Next were the dots. I used the smaller end of my pink dotting tool and it wasn't as easy as I thought to use this either. The paint didn't seem to sit flush to the nail, I'm not sure why, but I suppose it's all in technique which I will pick up in time.

The last step was to add a gold pearl to the accent finger. Actually on reflection I should have just left it at that but it would have ruined the mani to take it off.

Well, I know it's not much to look at but I'm pleased I've finally started on some freehand nail art. I really want to try some flowers but I think I need to get the basics first. If anyone has some good tips, I'd love to know.

That's all from me for now, I hope you are well. Take care all, byeeeeeee x :-)


Comments

  1. These look lovely on you! :)
    If I ever try anything new, I always practise on one nail first before I do all of them - that way if it goes wrong, it's only one nail you have to dowse in nail polish remover! Not much of a tip but just an idea haha.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. Yes you are right, I should have gone that lol x :-)

      Delete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself, it's a very nice first try.
    It does however look like your paint is a bit too thick...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maria. Yes I thought the paint seemed a little think too. I have never used any others so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was fairly hard to work with.

      Is there any way to thin this type of paint? x :-)

      Delete
  3. I actually really like this, ok its not perfect but its a really good starting point!!

    I think the design is lovely and would be perfect for christmas, the lines look like ribbon - makes every nail look like a little christmas present! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much hun. It took me ages, & when I'd finished I was a bit dissapointed, but I have to remember I will get better with practice!

      I didn't really have a plan if what I wanted to do, but yes you are right it would make a good Christmas mani. Maybe I'll try this one again around Christmas & see how much I've improving x :-)

      Delete
  4. I think this looks really good! Loads better than I could have done lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks hun. But I'm sure you could do it, mine's not very good so I'm sare you could do it at least as good x :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards