OPI Nail Of The Day/ Review

OPI Steady As She Rose, 3 Coats, Sally Hansen Max Growth Base Coat, with Flash.



So here I am, I'm definately on a roll with getting back in to blogging and I think it's due to my new found love of all things nail polish! I've always worn it & had about 25/30 polishes in a box to keep my fingers looking pretty but in the last few weeks when I was on bed rest I've really been enjoying more nail related blogs and have found myself wanting to try more and more and I've even just put an order in for some stamping plates. I am a complete stamping virgin so it will probably be some time before I post any of my stamping, but I'm really looking forward to getting started with it!

Let's talk about the polish in the picture, first of all please let me apologise for the poor effort of clean-up. I didn't notice until I came to upload this post so unfortunately you'll just have to excuse it lol. This gorgeous creamy polish is OPI Steady As She Rose and was originally from the Pirates Of The Caribbean Collection.


OPI Steady As She Rose, 3 Coats, Sally Hansen Max Strength Base Coat, no top coat, no flash.




This looked really opaque in the bottle and I was expecting it to go on really well and be a solid two coater, hmmm not quite. This is three coats and as you can probably tell a couple of the nails could have done with a fourth. I found the formula really thin and streaky which I was quite surprised about from an OPI as all the others I've had have been good. On the second and third coat I had to be really careful not to drag the top down and make a little bare patch (ring finger...) But I have to say I REALLY love the end result and I even got some nice compliments on it.

I'd say this is a soft pastel lilacy grey with some soft pink undertones. When I saw it in the bottle I was a little worried it might make my hands a bit 'dead looking' but I needn't have worried as I think it actually works well with my pale (MAC NC15) skin. The formula is a cream with no shimmer whatsoever in it.

As I say I really love this polish and I'm sure I'll get used to applying it and it's tricky little ways lol. Do you have this? Do you love it or loathe it? Do you have any good OPI recomendations as I'm currently loving the brand.

I hope you are having a good week and looking forward to a fab weekend. Byeeeee x :-)

Comments

  1. I love Steady As She Rose. I'm surprised that your bottle had streaky formula. Mine doesn't at all. I think you might have gotten a bad bottle :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I still love it though. I've seen other reviews that say it has a good formula so I think it's just my bottle. It's soooo gorgeous so I don't mind working with it x :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards