Clarins Hydra Quench Cream





I find Clarins products really luxurious, but as they are fairly pricey, I usually hint at family to buy them for me as gifts. I got this a little while ago in a set with a face mask and serum (which I will also review) but this was the full sized product in the set. I've been using this cream for about three months, and it's nearly all used up so I think I can give it a fair review.

The packaging looks and feels luxurious as it's an oval glass pot with a sturdy plastic lid and that stylish golden piping and and the C on top. You get 50ml/1.7oz of product for £33.50, yes I know it's quite allot to spend on a moisturiser, but sometimes you do get what you pay for.

When I have an expensive/luxurious product I do like to try and make it last so I only use this in the morning, and use my usual NO7 night cream in the evenings. It feels like absolute heaven to apply, the thick white cream glides over your skin and soaks in nice and quickly. I usually apply it, then brush my teeth and get dressed. By the time I've done that it's soaked in enough to apply my primer. I find it to have quite a fresh fruity smell and I really like it. If you don't like scented products though, this may not be for you as the smell does linger for a while after application, I would recommend giving it a sniff in store before commiting to such a high price tag.







I used to have normal skin before I had my little girl last year, but when I was pregnant I had the worst oiliest, break-out proned skin in the world! I was walking around like a spotty teenager, but not me when I was a teenager because i hardly ever had spots! But actually since having my daughter, my skin has cleared up and I now have dry skin, so a complete change. This cream absolutely does wonders for my dry skin, it's thick and moisturising enough to add just enough moisture without making you look shiny or make your make-up slide off. I got very dry patches around my nose and this has actually got rid of them. For a few days last month I tried using one of my Mums moisturisers as I was staying at her house, and my dry patches came back. So I definately know that it's this cream which is keeping those naughty patches under control!


This is an absolutely excellent cream and if you aren't on a budget, then I highly recommend it if you have dry skin. Because it is so moisturising I wouldn't use it if you have oily skin as this wont be doing you any favours.

Would I re-purchase?

Well I think you can tell from my review that I adore this cream, if I had unlimited funds then yes I would, but for now I'll just have to request it as a gift. Plus I really want to try and find a cheaper alternative so keep your eyes peeled for upcoming reviews.

Do you have this? Do you love it like me? I'd love to know how much you spend on your skincare and if you have know any cheaperr alternatives for my dry skin. But anyways I've rambled on for long enough, if you have any questions please let me know.

Take care all, byeeeeee x :-)

Comments

  1. that is a bit pricey- I might suggest you check out LUSH moisturizers- they have a few that might work well for your dry skin and they're cheaper. Of course, they don't come with that lovely packaging though :(
    I am hosting a 150 follower BENEFIT COSMETICS giveaway, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thanks, I'll have to check them out. I am a sucker for nice packaging, but if the product is good I can handle not such luxurious packaging x :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards