August Superdrug Haul


Well, I told myself after last months shopping and my huge ELF order last week that I wouldn't be doing much more shopping in the next few weeks. I'm usually fairly safe when it comes to superdrug, because i have to go at least 25 minutes to get to my nearest store. But... Superdrug had free delivery on their website so I had to take advantage! As you can see from the pic, I picked up 'a few bits'.


MUA Eyeshadow, left to right, Shade 4 Pearl, Shade 7 Pearl, Shade 12 Pearl.


Swatched in the same order


MUA Pearl Eyeshadows £1.00 for 2g of product. What can I say about these? I think the first word I said when I swatched them was WOW! They only cost £1.00 and the packaging is quite plastic and cheap looking, but the shadows inside are lovely and pigmented and so pretty. Shade 12 is a duo-chrome, some even say a dupe for MAC's Club. These are definately worth the money in my opinion, and I wouldn't hesitate in buying more. The words Oh and Dear spring to mind, I can feel another order coming on...


MUA Professional Trio eyeshadow in Chocolate Box.


Chocolate Box Swatched


MUA Professional Tro Eyeshadow in Chocolate Box £2.50. The packaging doesn't tell you how much product you get, hmmmm this is quite odd as I can't think of anything else that doesn't. But anyways lets talk about the shadows. as you can see from the swatches, these too are nicely pigmented and these gorgeous colours are right up my street. Again the packaging is fairly cheap looking but I don't care as the product inside is very nice indeed. A very good £2.50's worth!


Accessorize, Left to right, Merged Blusher 4 Diva, Baked Duo 7 Rock n Roll, Icon Eyeshadow 4 Platinum, Illusion Eyeshadow 18 Olive.


Swatched


Accessorize Merged Blusher 4 Diva, £5.50 for 8g of product. The packaging for this blusher is actually quite nice for the price. It has cute little butterflies on it and it doesn't feel cheap. The pigmentation is nice and the colour is very pretty, although it is much darker than it looked on the website. First impressions of this are good.


Accessorize Baked Duo 7 Rock n Roll, £4.50 for 4.5g of product. Now I do like this eyeshadow don't get me wrong, but the picture on the website and the fact that it says it's bronze has me puzzled. As you can see from my swatches, the lighter colour is a lilac and the darker one is a charcoal grey. Maybe mine is in the wrong packaging? Or maybe the website is wrong? Did anybody else find that? The colours are very very pretty just not what I was expecting that's all.


Single eyeshadows in 4 platinum and 18 Olive £4.00 for 2.5g of product. These shadows again are nicely pigmented and a nice addition for my collection. All in all I'm pleased with the Accessorize products I bought.


MEMeME, Left to Right, Correct & Perfect Concealer Kit, Blush Me Rouge, Beat the Blues Face Illuminator Moonbeam.


MeMeMe Products Swatched.


MeMeMe Correct & Perfect Concealer Kit £6.99 for 1g of creamy concealer and 3.5g of setting powder. This looked like a really interesting little set I may be wrong but doesn't Bobbi Brown do a concealer kit with a setting powder too? Well I don't have it but this looks like a nice little kit to me. I have it in Buff which is the lightest shade and it looks ok for me. I usually use some mineral powder to set my concealer but it will be nice to have a product especially for the job.


MeMeMe Blush Me in Rouge, £8.50 for 8g of product. I really like the loook of this, and if you think you've seen this somewhere before you're probably thinking of Benefit's Blush boxes. They have 4 shades and I got Rouge as it seemed like the one which would suit me the most. At £8.50 I wouldn't say it was the cheapest drugstore blusher, but it's a heck of allot cheaper than the Benefit alternative. There's also a mirror in the lid, which is one up on Benefit! As you can see from the swatch it has nice pigmentation to it and it's a coral colour. I'll definately be investing in the others at some point.


MeMeMe Beat The Blues Face Illumuinator in Moonbeam, £5.25 for 12ml of product. Yep, you've guessed it another Benefit 'inspired' product. This time it's comparable to highbeam. I don't have highbeam but I really like this product. It has the same nail varnish type packaging and it glides on the skin to give a very pretty highlight. My swatch of it isn't all that great to be honest, this is a really pretty product.



NYC Lipstick, left Caramel, Right Snowcone.


NYC Lipstick Swatched as above.


NYC Lipsticks £1.49 for 3.4g of product. This is the first time I've tried anything from NYC, but as I've heard a few good things about various products I thought I'd give them a go. The packaging feels quite cheap and light, but when you swatch the lippies you don't care. They seem to glide on nicely when swatched and they give you nice shimmery colour without being too much. I'll be interested to see what the staying power is like and if they are drying etc. All beiing well, I'd love to get some more of these at that price.


Sleek Palette in Storm.


Sleek Palette in Storm, £6.49 for 12x1.1g of product. The only dissapointment of my entire order, and this was one of the items I was most looking forward to! Not because of the quality, but because if you look at the picture, the bottom left hand shadow in the palette is broken, BOOOOOO! So I'm hoping to be able to exchange it as that shade looks really nice. It's so frustrating to have the shadows and not be able to swatch and have a play around with them. But I'm sure a big company like superdrug will have a great customer service department so it shouldn't take too long to replace it.


So there you go, what turned from grabbbing 'a few bits' to take advantage of the free shipping ended up being quite a large order! All in all I'm very pleased with the products that I bought and I'm sure I'll have fun playing around and putting some looks together with them. Has anyone else done some shopping lately? What did you get? Do any of you have anything from my haul? I'd love to hear from you :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards