Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette









Swatched left to right, Midnight Rodeo, Tainted, Deeper.



Swatched left to right, Midnight 15, Junkshow, M.I.A.


Swatched left to right, Vanilla, Omen, Ace.



Swatched left to right, Flow, Evidence, Blackout.


Swatched left to right, Chase, Deep End, Half Truth.

It was my birthday on Tuesday, I turned 26! My boyfriend gave me my card and said that my present was going to take a few more days to arrive... I started to get a bit annoyed and thought that he'd either forgotten or had been too lazy etc, etc. I was about to pipe up with something to make him feel guilty when to my surprise he said 'You probably already realise it's that make-up thingy you wanted.' A little tingle went up my spine and I was stopped in my grumpy tracks. 'Erm, do you mean the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette?' to my absolute glee he had ordered it from Debenhams for me the day before. Thank the lord above, sometimes men do listen!

So today is Friday and I was sitting thinking, is this the day? Will it arrive? All afternoon me and my friend were sitting chatting and drinking tea in my living room and it hadn't arrived by the time she was leaving. I was just having a moan about it as I opened the door to see her out when as if by magic it was on my doorstep! I had two emotions run over me, the first one was joy that my beautiful shiny palette had arrived, but also utter anger at the fact I hadn't even heard the postman knock and it's royal loveliness could have been stolen.

Let's get talking about the palette. When you open it up you have a clear plastic wallet type box to open which houses the gunmetal palette in the usual purple velvet base. It's very shiny with purple crystals in the letters U and D. When you take the lid off you see the gorgeous 15 full sized eyeshadows and it will literally take your breath away.

You have everything you would need to come up with an absolutely huge range of looks. You have your neautrals, then your brights, then your crease colours. As you can see from the swatches, they are so beautifully pigmented and the look they give off is AMAZING! I had a little play around and they blend very easily. I would say that my first impressions of this are incredibly good and if you are thinking about buying this palette and it's not on it's way to you already, ORDER IT NOW! I promise you, you will not be disapointed.

I don't think there is a shade in this palette I don't like but I'd say my first swatch favourite three would be Midnight 15, Chase and Omen.

Just as a money saver this palette would be a great investment. In the UK it retails for £39.00 and at a usual price of £13.00 each, to buy this amount of shadows seperately would cost you a whopping £195.00.


I am absolutely thrilled with this palette and I'm really excited to use it. I have no doubts that it will take pride of place next to my Naked palette on my 'everyday make-up' shelf in the bathroom. Right, well that was a rather long winded version of my first impressions! Byeeee for now xx :-)



This product was purchased by my lovely boyfriend with his own money and not sent by the company :-)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards