Borghese Milano Taupe with flash.



Whoooopppppsss! This post was meant to go up before the swirly stamping one, but with all the confusion of moving properly from my house this week, I'm afraid this was saved as a draft instead of being scheduled. But here she is, the beautiful Milano Taupe. 

As you know my polish tastes are branching out somewhat from the nudes and pastel pinks, but when I saw this little beauty on Cosmetic Kingdom, I had to pop her in my basket.

It seems that 'taupe' seems to be a popular colour at the moment but there are so many different variations of what it is. There seems to be grey, purple, brown or pink ones and to be honest, I would say she sits somewhere between the purple and pink 'taupey land'. 




The formula was nice, it seems a little thin on the first coat but levels up and is more opaque with the second, but I still needed a third for a better finish. What I didn't like about this was the brush, with a weird shape and being quite hard, its difficult to control where the polish is going. I also found that I got allot of drag when applying the second coat which was quite annoying which is another reason why I ended up going for three coats to give me the beauty you see here. But even with the three coats she still dried nice and quickly, this is great if you are waiting to stamp.

I have mixed feelings about her, but overall I think she's a nice addition to my collection. When I have other polishes that are more opaque and easier to work with I fear she may get pushed aside a little, but you might see her again in the future. I do wish I'd tried this and realised I didn't like the brush before I ordered more colours but I guess it gives me a chance to see if this was just a one-off dodgy one. 

That's all for now, I hope you are well. Take care all, byeeeeeeeeeeeee x :-)



Comments

  1. LOL too funny - but it still looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice nude shade. I also never tried this brand :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the colour, but the brush sucks so much. I'm just hoping new Borghese are a bit better x :-)

      Delete
  3. I like it! Its an unusual shade but a nice one! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I really like it too, its just such a shame about that sucky brush! Fingers crossed for the other Borghese I've got x :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards