Huge Icky Stamping Fail!






Remember that beautiful Essie polish French Affair that I showed you? (If you haven't seen it you can click here) Didn't she look lovely all pretty, pink and shiny there on my nails? Well I wish it had stayed that way, but  oh no, there was major trouble ahead so I wrote this little post to share my fail with you. I'm so sad because in my head this was meant to be so pretty! But that's the way life goes sometimes, it doesn't always turn out how you planned it.  

Now I had some massive issues but they were through no fault of the Essie polish, but more my Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Top and Base coat. Now as you may have seen from my haul (click here to see it if you haven't) I got two of these and one of them was a slightly different colour. I have been using one of them since that haul arrived and I hadn't really had much of a problem with it. It's now half way used and when I applied it over the Essie, it dried to a very thick bubbly ickyness (yes I had to use that word!). What I should have done was taken it all off and started again, but foolishly I carried on and stamped.



I used my BM204 Bundle Monster stamping plate and picked the design with one large flower, and then smaller ones. It's kind of hard to get the placement right don different sized nails but apart from the ring finger it seemed to sort of work out. I added a hot pink rhinestone to the middle of the large flower on each finger.

To add to the earlier foolishness, I then used the same Sally Hansen topcoat. Erm, I know what an idiot huh? As it dried it got even worse and went all bubbly as you can see from the pics. Oh well, we live and learn!

Thanks allot for joining me for this post about my major fail. Have any of you had similar fails? That's all from me for now. Take care all, byeeeeee x


Comments

  1. ohh... hmm i know it happens at times with me too *.*
    btw the base color is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I loved the base colour so much. I think tgats what made it more sad lol x :-)

      Delete
  2. Darn, nothing is worse than top coats that don't do their work. I always use Seche Vite, and towards half down it gets thick (thicker because it's supposed to be rather thick), and it needs thinner. So it might be the case with yours too...
    I still think that this looks super sute and girly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks hun, I'm a bit embarrassed to say I've never thinned down a polish before. I've always thrown them away if they've gotten like that.But that was before my recent nail polish obsession! Can I just use polish remover instead ofhaving to buy a specific thinner? X

      Delete
  3. same here.. It happened with me as well..:)

    But still it looks good..<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for being so nice hun x :-)

      Delete
  4. Aww! It still looks passable to me! How annoying though, is the rest of the bottle useless now?! I'd be fuming about that!

    Hayley
    http://makeupmoviesandmore.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for being so nice hun but it looked awful lol. Even my grandad asked 'what the bleedin' ells wrong with ya finger nails?' (he's from the east end). He's been noticing my nails recently do to the nail art & wearing brighter colours etc.

      Apparently I can put some thinner in it which might save it, but its gone even worse now. Boooo! Lol x

      Delete
  5. I was skimping out on my base coat! I tried a series of drug store products and the sally hansen product you mentioned was one of the products I tried. I agree, it was very very thick and took forever to dry. I like Orly Bonder! I think the nails look great in photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a few of us have had problems with it. I'll give the Orly one a go, I'm currently using the Orly top 2 bottom for base and orly in a snap to top & I actually really like both x :-)

      Delete
  6. I think look cute. I like the rhinestones you added to the design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. I'm loving those little rhinestones I got, I think I'm going to order some in different sizes next x :-)

      Delete
  7. Ugh I hate bad top coat! I think it looks alright though =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've just got Orly's In A Snap and Top 2 Bottom and they are both quite good so I'm going to stick with them and leave the SH top coats alone I think lol x :-)

      Delete
  8. I love the rhinestones and all in all I think the whole look is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun. I liked it too, it was just such a shame about the top coat x :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards