We Love Nails Tuesday Cinderella Mani

With flash 

Evening all, sorry it's been a few days since my last post but my laptop had a slight blowing up situation. I suddenly heard a loud bang and smelt burning, then I looked down and there was smoke and a little flame! I couldn't believe it, I only recently got a new screen and charger for it. PANTS! I've ordered a refurbished Mac Book Pro, but that wont be here until at least the end of the week so I'll only be able to post when I can borrow a friends laptop. 

So it's that time of the week for the We Love Nails post and this time it is a mani based on a film. I was just itching to do a mani using my Bundle Monster stamping plate with shoes on, so I thought I would have a go at doing Cinderella. Now if you read my posts regularly you will know that I'm fairly new to nail art so don't judge me too harshly!

First of all I started with my normal Orly Top 2 Bottom Base Coat, two coats of Jessie's Girl Stilleto and a layer of Sally Hansen Max Growth Top Coat. I will have a full review of Stilleto in the near future, but for now here is a picture with flash.



Next I added the shoe design from my Bundle Monster BM213 on my index and ring finger using the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polish in Blue-Away. I must admit, this design was kind of difficult to work with, but I'm sure it's user error and because it's a slightly deeper design, I wasn't getting the right pressure all over.

Next I added the tip design from the Bundle Monster BM219 plate, and the fancy heart from BM212 using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Pink Blink. Both of these designs were much easier to use and actually took me less time to do all of them together than to get the hang of the shoes!

I then thought I'd add a little sparkle as Cinderella is a fairytale, so on went a blue rhinestone to each of the larger shoes, and a pink stone in the middle of those fancy hearts.



Next was to add my topcoat and I went with the Sally Hansen Max Growth again. Now I know my last stamping post I did using the same topcoat didn't end up too good, but this was the newer bottle that I'd only just opened and it had already been fine as a base coat using another polish so I thought I'd give it another chance. Well I think you can probably tell from my pictures that even this newer bottle bubbled quite badly and ruined my mani that I'd spent ages on. Not good!

I really enjoyed doing this mani but got really disappointed with the finish due to that silly topcoat. But there you go, my film themed mani. Thanks allot for taking a look and I hope you go take a look at the other girls efforts here.

I hope you are well. Take care all, byeeeeeeee x :-)


Comments

  1. Ooooh lovely!! :) I love the shoe design!!
    The colours and the blue rhinestones make it very Cinderella-esque! :)

    Hayley
    http://makeupmoviesandmore.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I really liked how it came out x :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks really cute! I know what you mean about bubbles,I hate when bubbles ruin my mani!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. Yeah its a pain in the a**e! I've just ordered a few different top and base coats to have a play with to see which ones work for me & my nail art x :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh that is so annoying for you - I hope you didn't loose a lot - that you have some kind of backup...?
    The mani is very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria. Lucky enough I backed up all of my pictures and home videos of my daughter a couple of weeks ago as my computer was running slow. I lost a few bits n pieces, but only 2 stamping mani's x :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards