OPI Nail Of The Day


Orly Top To Bottom, 2 coats OPI I Don't Give A Rotterdam, Orly In A Snap,  with flash.


I've really been getting in to my stamping lately, but this polish is so pretty that I had to leave it alone in all it's glory. I only got this in my nail mail yesterday (click here if you haven't seen it) and I knew I wanted to put it on straight away, so here it is.

Let me introduce you to OPI I Don't Give A Rotterdam. This gorgeous polish is from the recent Holland Collection and I'd admired her on other blogs.  She is a gorgeous dusty mid-blue with subtle purple undertones and some special shimmer in it. The shimmer is special as in some lights it looks silver and in others gold, ooh magic! The way the shimmer seems to sit on the colour, it gives it a nice textured appearance and this is what makes it unusual.


As above without flash 


Formula wise it went on really well. The first coat had some patches, but by the second coat that all evens out for a beautiful even look. The drying time between coats is nice and quick which is nice as my spare time is very limited. I added a layer of Orly In A Snap, but she was nice and shiny without it.

This colour is really out of my comfort zone as I usually go for pinks and pastels but I really love it. Can you believe this is my first ever blue polish? No really, it is! I'm really wanting to expand my collection with some more colours like this and others that I don't have. Do you have any good recommendations?

So there you go, what do you think? Do you love her as much as I do? Thanks allot for taking the time to look at my Nail Of The Day and I hope you enjoyed it. That's all from me for now, but I'll be back soon. Take care all, byeeeeeee x :-)






Comments

  1. haha I love the way you call the polishes "her" and "she" - I do that with my handbags! lol

    Very gorgeous colour! I have a Leighton Denny one in a similar shade


    Hayley
    http://makeupmoviesandmore.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well its just something I've done for ages and I thought what the hell, if everyone thinks I'm a weirdo that's ok!

    I've only got 1 Leighton Denny one I got in a beauty box & I really like it. in fact I don't know why I haven't bought anymore lol

    oh btw hun, are you on twitter? Only I couldn't find you on there x :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I agree!

      I'm not actually, I need to create a new Twitter - my last one got hacked by my boyfriends mental ex :/> I'll let you know when I've set a new one up :)
      xxx

      Delete
    2. Oh no! Boo for boyfriends mental ex! Its just in my post tomorrow I've tagged you & was going to send you a link on there x :-)

      Delete
    3. Oooh cool! My first tagging! hehe!

      I've just tried to sign up for a new Twitter and apparently my old one is re-activated! How bizzare!
      I'm @Raine_Fairy :)

      x

      Delete
  3. I just came across your blog and love it! I hope you will visit mine too! Let me know if you want to follow each other! Love finding blogs like yours!

    http://flairbybrandi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, yes I've had a look at your blog & I'm following now x :-)

      Delete
  4. I see why you love it - it looks great on you!
    I had this one, but unfortunately it looked terrible on me - so now she is a home with a loving owner LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its funny how you can like something so much on someone else but hate it on yourself? I've got allot of lipstick I've been sucked know to getting & I never wear lol x :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards