Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Swatches



Hi all, I hope you are having a better day than me. I'm finding myself more and more stressed all of the time at the moment and seriously need a holiday! It's mostly due to my current housing situation and a few other things too. So if my next few posts make me sound a little tightly wound, then you'll realise why. 

I recently got a few nice polishes in a haul and everyone seemed to be most interested in the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's so I thought I would do a few swatches and review for you. These seem to be fairly popular in the blogging world as you can use them for stamping. My swatches show two coats on the index and middle, and just the one on the ring and pinkie for Pink Blink and Blue-Away but just one coat for Raspberry Race. I only used one coat for Raspberry Race as she looked opaque enough to me, but in the pictures it shows I could have used a second.

Let's start with Pink Blink, she is a beautiful pale pink cream which is very girl and sweet. 

Pink Blink with flash 

Pink Blink no flash

Next is Blue Away, this one is a cross between a baby and sky blue and again she's a cream. 

Blue-Away with flash 

Blue-Away no flash


Last but not least we come to Raspberry Race, a medium purple cream, that actually has allot of pink to it. 

Raspberry Race with Flash

Raspberry Race no flash


The bottle is triangle shaped with a black plastic lid which is fine. I wouldn't say the packaging blows me away but I'm more concerned about what is inside. The brush is a weird rounded and contoured shape which is meant to make it easy to cover the whole nail with just one swipe. To be honest it didn't work out for me as my thumb was too large and it was kind of messy on the smaller nails especially the pinkie. You get 9.17ml or 0.31oz of product which is a decent amount. 

The formula itself is fairly thick but not at all hard to work with and levels itself out fairly well, but only if you work quickly. As the name suggests they dry very fast, and by the time you've finished the fifth finger, your ready to start the next coat. 

As for stamping, I would say that they are good. Not as good as the special Konad polishes but they do the job well. The colours seem to come out a bit darker if you stamp them on to darker polishes, but that doesn't bother me too much. Again with the stamping you have to work quickly to get the design on before it dries, but this is the same with the Konad. I used two of these polishes in my recent Cinderella mani, so to see these polishes in stamping action, click here

I really liked these polishes and I've already used them a couple of times for stamping, so you can look forward to them featuring again in the future. Actually, erm I have to admit I've already ordered some more  in different colours. I couldn't help it, I need them to add some variation to my stamping! Honestly, my nail polish buying is getting a little bit out of hand, but I don't smoke or drink very much so I think I should treat myself to a little something now and again. Ok so it seems to be again and again recently but don't judge, if you are reading this post theres a good chance that you're in the same boat huh? 

Thanks allot for reading, I hope you are well. Take care all, byeeeeeee x :-)













Comments

  1. Oooh the pink blink is absolutely gorgeous! I love the blue away too - looks like a proper Tiffany box blue, which I LOVE! :)

    I know how you feel with the buyers guilt, lol....I feel that way too but like you said, if you've got no other vices it can't hurt all that much and we all need to treat ourselves or else life is just paying bills and that is TOO depressing! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the pink is gorgeous, you know I love my pinks lol. You're right, blue away is a tiffany kind of blue, maybe I'll do a comparison with for audrey.

      I'm so naughty with buying polish recently, but I only spend what I can afford. I have to admit, I've done two more hauls since I bought these lol x :-)

      Delete
  2. The blue is gorgeous. I didn't know this polishes were good for stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've seen lots of bloggers use them for stamping hun x :-)

      Delete
  3. beautiful shades dear. pink shade is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three gorgeous colors - I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me too. They would make lovely flowers x :-)

      Delete
  5. Raspberry Race is my fave, what a gorgeous shade. I'll have to keep an eye out for these polishes.

    I have a serious obsession with nail polish also, but still, not a bad thing now is it? haha.

    Just found your blog!! I've enjoyed reading through your posts so far :)

    I'm now following, hope you can take a minute to check out my blog too, maybe follow back?
    I'd be super grateful x

    Laura ♥

    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hun, no nail polish obsession is awesome & all polish obsessed peeps are welcome on my blog!

    Thanks so much for following, I'll take a look at your blog x :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards