Pink Wednesday's Proposal

Orly Top 2 Bottom, 4 Coats OPI SRU, 1 coat SH Pink Proposal, Orly Top 2 Bottom, with  flash. 

Hi all, here we are back at Wednesday again! How did that happen so fast? I swear time is seeming to go so fast at the moment and think it's to do with me running out of time to find a house. I've already moved in to my parents house to try and make me feel more secure, and not jump at the first house ending up in one that I don't really like. I just can't believe there's no houses that I like at the moment.

As above, in sunlight.


So, on to Pink Wednesday. This week I've chosen to do a pink combo. It didn't start out that way, I was originally just going to paint my nails with OPI Step Right Up but it came out more of a milky white with just a tinge of pink. This polish is also very sheer and it took me four coats to get it anywhere near opaque and it was still patchy. I also felt it just wasn't pink enough for a Pink Wednesday Mani.


As top, in shade. 


So then I pulled out a very pretty shimmery Sally Hansen from my untried's box, Pink Proposal. I hadn't really bothered with her until now as she looked kind of sheer and not that exciting in the bottle. But to my lovely surprise, when the light hits her just right, she gives off the most beautiful green shimmer! This is just one coat over the OPI and it transformed it so well. My pictures really don't do it any justice, you really have to see it person.

I'm so happy I tried this combo as I've found myself a great layering polish with the Sally Hansen, although I really don't think I'm going to get much use out of the OPI. What do you think? Do you like it? Are you wearing a pink mani today?

Thanks allot for reading my post and I hope you are well. Take care all, byeeeeeeeeeee x :-)







Comments

  1. I have a Sally Hansen polish that makes polish look blue - they're so good for transforming colours and making them a little more interesting! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh which one is that hun? I'm polish obsessed at the mo lol x :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh what a gorgeous green sheen!! Beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really pretty colours! I have something similar from Borghese! Good luck with house hunting..it's going take a while to find something you like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've been wanting to try some Borghese & I just found a website that sells the fairly reasonable x :-)

      Delete
  4. I have one Sally Hansen that gives kinf of a green effect to the polishes depending on the light. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it & hope to find more like it. Do you knoe the name of the one you're talking about? X :-)

      Delete
  5. Very pretty! :) I <3 the pink wednesday idea, I'm still wearing my union jacks today though lol


    Hayley
    http://makeupmoviesandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, your union jacks looked good were they easy to use?

      Pink Wednesday is a group, if you click the link you can join. Every week you sweet them your link and they retweet your mani. You should join x :-)

      Delete
  6. This is soo feminine and sweet, it looks really good on you! I'm so happy to hear that you have a little more "safe ground" under your feet right now, so that you have the time necessary to find the right house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Its not ideal as my mum has a dog & I font really like my little girl around her, but its fine for now and I can save up a bit while I'm waiting gore a new house x :-)

      Delete
  7. I love that pink shimmer. Good luck house hunting. I need to move here soon too. I'm not looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Good luck to you too hun, the area round here is terrible for renting! Its either poky little flats or houses at £1000 a month plus x :-)

      Delete
  8. Yeah they were SO easy to use! The glue that came with them was a bit rubbish but if you use them with the nailene glue, they're fab!

    Ooh cool I will join up! :) You've started to get me more into nails now lol!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay it will be good to have a mani buddy lol. God I've just looked back at my comments, terrible spelling or what! That's what I get for writing on a smart phone that changes everything to what it thinks I want to say x :-)

      Delete
  9. Lol, dont worry - I'm having MAJOR internet issues the last few days, my laptop wont even let me open the "reply" link so I can only leave new comments :/
    Are you on an iphone or a blackberry? My blackberry wont even open Blogger at all!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lacey Bon Bon We Love Nails Mani

My First Experience Of Stamping...

Blog Awards